This sweet and tart summer salad will keep you hanging onto the hot summer nights.
The combination of crisp greens, fresh berries, and creamy goat cheese is the perfect pair to keep the taste of summer alive.
* you can really use any mix of berries you prefer and I also LOVE adding in pecans too!
Directions for salad:
1. Wash and dry both the greens and the fruit.
2. Toss the fruit with the greens and add in the goat cheese
3. Make the dressing if desired
4. Enjoy the taste of summer!
*Top with dressing just before serving. Do not mix the dressing into the salad if you plan on having leftovers as it does not store well.
1/2 cup fresh berries
1 TBSP cherry juice
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
Directions for Vinaigrette
Add all of the ingredients into a small food processor
Pulse until combined. The dressing will be thick but should be smooth
*If you do not like the seeds, strain the dressing through a sieve before serving. Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator
Try out this awesome summer salad and let me know what you think!