You all have asked so here it is! This whole post is all about meal planning a month at a time and how I do it. It is a bit lengthy but if you are really looking to try it, I recommend watching the whole video. I will include the "cliff notes" version at the end with the printable resources that I promised.
Grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit down and learn all about how I meal plan for a month at a time.
1) Look at your calendar and mark out important dates or times that might be hard to make a meal
2) Mark out the days of the week on a piece of paper. Use one line per day so you can mark down both breakfast and dinner
3) Find different categories for specific days of the week (Taco Tuesday, crockpot on Thursday, Meatless Monday...)
4) Go through your pantry/freezer/fridge and mark down if there is anything you want to use and then search through pinterest or cookbooks for recipes to fit into these categories or use specific ingredients.
5) As you write down what you will be eating each day, write down the ingredients you will need on your grocery sheet (you can find a prinable >>here<< for that)
6) Take a look at your list and mark down with meals are freezer friendly and which meals can be made in the crockpot.
7) Go shopping!
8) Prep your freezer bags with labels and directions
9) Chop and prep all of the veggies and other ingredients you need for freezer meals
10) Fill the bags and lay them flat to freeze until you need them!
** If you are going to use the meals within the next few days, you can keep them in the refrigerator
Here is another handy resource for you... print off this weekly meal planner and pit it in a sheet protector on the refrigerator. This way you can update it each week without having to print it off every time. Just us a dry erase marker ;) >>HERE<<
I hope that you have found this article helpful and I really hope that you try it! Let me know if you do try it or if you have any questions!